JOB DESCRIPTION: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to develop analytic strategies to assess the quality and safety of care, and associated activities, provided at Emory Healthcare. Pulls data from multiple sources and produces reports related to quality, safety, throughput, access, and value on both a recurring and ad hoc basis, to meet needs of a diverse set of customers; Uses statistical and/or data management software packages to clean and analyze data, create new metrics, and use that information to tell a meaningful story; Leads discussions with multidisciplinary teams to clarify needs and identify expectations including deadlines; Ensures that the uses of data through reports and queries are accurate; Serves as an organizational consultant on matters relating to databases by providing expertise to assist users in meeting their needs. Combine data into well-arranged and formatted reports which are easy for users to understand and which focus attention on key information while providing necessary explanations; Assists in the planning and design of reporting projects; Creates, manages and maintains database records; Provide expertise in the development, design, and maintenance for analytic business needs; Promote report automation and self-service dashboard solutions using EHC software; Develop written procedures to document data management processes; Summarize findings in written reports and presentations (e.g. conference posters); Ensure best data governance practices are maintained; and Management of one or more data reporting processes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Information Systems, Informatics, Public Health, Business Administration, Data Science, Informatics, Analytics, or related field; at least two (2) years of experience with data analytics, modelling, and report development; any combination of education/advanced degree and relevant experience will be considered in lieu of the required experience. Proficiency in coding (e.g R, VBA, Python, SQL); experience with common Business Intelligence and Data Visualization tools; advanced knowledge of Excel; demonstrated experience with data visualization techniques; strong mathematical background with advanced knowledge of at least one of the following areas: statistical modeling (e.g. regression techniques), data mining, econometrics; strong technical writing and presentation skills; and demonstrated experience of presenting findings and interpreting analyses. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Experience and strong interest in healthcare data; experience using R for statistical analyses; experience using Microstrategy and/or Visual Insight; experience creating Statistical Process Control charts; experience with manipulating large datasets; and relevant training or certifications.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (MediumMax 25lbs): up to 25 lbs, 0-33% of the work day (occasionally); 11-25 lbs, 34-66% of the workday (frequently); 01-10 lbs, 67-100% of the workday (constantly); Lifting 25 lbs max; Carrying of objects up to 25 lbs; Occasional to frequent standing & walking, Occasional sitting, Close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure Bio-hazardous waste Chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors Communicable diseases Electrical shock, Floor Surfaces, Hot/Cold Temperatures, Indoor/Outdoor conditions, Latex, Lighting, Patient care/handling injuries, Radiation, Shift work, Travel may be required. Use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
• Serve as the subject matter expert in revenue cycle data model inclusive of all field mapping and data flow across all revenue cycle systems
• Serve as primary resource & senior data steward for all new requests related to data model
• Will be the liaison between revenue cycle and IT/IS departments to ensure overall revenue cycle health within the Emory data model and associated data attributes
• Will lead implementation of data reconciliation tools & associated safeguards/alert automation for over/under threshold &/or targets to prevent inaccurate data from being distributed
• Serve as lead Subject Matter Expert for Virence Centricity Business (previously GE) data models and produce accurate queries on both adhoc and routine schedules
• Compile and aggregate analytics findings from Financial Analysts to identify trends and present revenue risks & opportunities to Patient Financial Services & Finance leaders as necessary
• Assist Level 1 Data Analysts in standardizing and automating reporting processes
• Support all of Project Office in providing data for projects (e.g., baseline, targets, success measures)
• Independently build Visual Insights dashboards to support self-service requests from stakeholders
• Create and run reports (e.g., monthly scorecards) for Financial Analysts
• Proficiency in AES programming preferred, not required