Provides referral and outreach support in meeting business objectives for the Winship Cancer Institute.
- Works as a team member with outreach and network colleagues at the Emory Proton Therapy Center and Emory Healthcare.
- Strategizes and promotes Winship and all affiliated physicians that express Emory and Winship as a top-ranked national research university along with exceptional patient care.
Executes outreach plan to achieve volume goals of Winship Cancer Institute.
- Day-to-day activities include travel to and call upon targeted referral sources.
- Maintains existing and develops new relationships in the referral source community.
- Promotes the WinshipMD App to referring physicians.
- Coordinates speaker’s bureau requests.
- Assists in facilitating appointments and admissions to appropriate levels of care within related units of Emory University and Healthcare. Understands that Emory Proton is part of the Winship Cancer Institute multidisciplinary care team.
- Maintains an effective flow of information with unit leadership regarding outreach results.
- Understands patient journey as well as the internal flow at Emory University and Emory Healthcare.
- Meets with each new Winship Cancer Institute provider and creates a biograph for each physician.
- Creates Announcement Cards for each new Proton Therapy Physician.
- Updates Winship’s Physician Binder at each outreach visit, as appropriate.
- Utilizes Emory’s Physician Relationship Manager for all referring physician interaction.
Continually builds rapport with internal team members and stakeholders to promote Winship Cancer Institute which will increase outreach opportunities among cancer services, referrals and awareness. Serve as a liaison for all Winship Cancer Institute activities and provides weekly reports on project progress.
- Connects and communicates with the network and other teams to monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of all outreach efforts. Analyzes, reviews, and reports on effectiveness of Winship Cancer Institute objectives in an effort to maximize referral results.
- Connects and communicates with CME Managers, Tumor Board Managers and others that coordinate seminars, meetings and symposiums to ensure that Winship Cancer Institute is at the forefront of all opportunities.
- Connects and communicates with marketing liaisons to ensure materials for in-the-field discussions provide continued education and success with physician audiences for the Winship Cancer Institute.
- Connects and communicates with internal communications and external community relations to educate constituents for the Winship Cancer Institute.
- Connects and communicates with marketing managers and social media managers to create content for the Winship Cancer Institute on Winship-managed internet, intranet, and social media outlets including but not limited to the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Instagram in order to push marketing, public relations, and community-building initiatives.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in business, public health, healthcare administration, or related field and five years of related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must have previous experience in physician relations. Must have understanding of healthcare and hospital operations.