ADDITIONAL JOB DETAILS:
- Coordinates all the activities of the Fellowships in Research and Science Teaching (FIRST) program here at Emory University and the Atlanta University Center which includes scheduling general meetings for all fellows and administrators, scheduling monthly seminar presentations, maintaining the FIRST fellow database, and scheduling
- Maintains and updates the FIRST program's website.
- Handles the recruitment of the postdoctoral fellows for the FIRST program by processing their applications, setting up a mechanism for the Executive Committee to review applications, as well as scheduling interviews with the Executive and selected research mentors (if applicable).
- Tracks expenditures of the FIRST fellows.
- Arranges travel when necessary for program leadership and fellows
- Orders Supplies and equipment.
- Works with the Office of Postdoctoral Education to maintain its database and website.
- Manages enrollment of Postdoctoral Fellows in different workshops, seminars and certificate programs offered by the Office of Postdoctoral Education.
- May be responsible for large event planning.
- Knowledge of the School of Medicine’s Postdoc Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of grant management, NIH eRA Commons, x-TRAIN, and x-TRACK
- Knowledge of Emory University systems such as Compass, Procurement, Emory Express and Peoplesoft