THESE POSITIONS ARE TEMPORARY OR TEMP TO HIRE FOR THE EMORY UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL SYSTEM THROUGH EMORY TEMPORARY SERVICES (ETS)
If you have worked as wait staff in any Hospitality capacity for a restaurant, cruise ship, hotel or cafeteria, we encourage you to apply today! Come join our team of wonderful dining services associates!
Many of our temporaries are offered full time regular positions within a short period of time!
**You must be able to pass a drug test, nicotine test, background check and be available to work temporary now. If you are ready come to work for one of the best organizations in Atlanta, please apply today!
** For use by Emory Temporary Services only **
- Works in a team approach with department team members as well as nursing and other healthcare professionals to assure that patients are fully satisfied with their meals and related services.
- Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: assisting patients with menu choices, assembling meals, delivering meals to the bedside, retrieval of trays and clean-up after meals, providing information to the patient or resident about his/her diet and the meal service procedures and ongoing communication with other team members in the department and on the unit.
- Persons in this position maintain a high level of contact with the patient and family and are expected to exemplify Service.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Fluency in Spanish or other languages a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years of college preferred.
- 1 year of hospitality oriented work experience (e.g. hotel, mid-scale or high end restaurant).
- Experience in a high volume operation preferred.
- Fast food experience does not qualify.
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, critical thinking, problem solving and written and verbal communication.
- Ability to make sound judgments while quickly processing information.
- Proficient computer and web-based software skills including the ability to adapt to regular changes in software programs and processes.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods.
- Ability push and/or pull carts weighing up to 250 pounds.