* This position is located in the central Office of Sponsored Programs **
- Provides assistance to faculty and staff in preparing standard grant applications and routine proposals for funding agencies and sponsors.
- Interacts with funding agencies, faculty and staff to resolve guideline, grant management, and proposal issues and to determine award status.
- Prepares Notice of Award Acceptance documents; ensures accuracy of administrative and financial award information.
- Responds to agency, faculty or staff requests for additional information and/or clarification.
- Processes standard agreements and subcontracts with sponsors.
- Reviews basic contract terms/conditions and seeks guidance from supervisors or General Counsel, as needed and applicable.
- Coordinates getting required approvals or certifications from the appropriate organizational committees such as the Institutional Review Board and the Institutional Animal Use and Care Committee; ensures funding agencies receive required approval letters.
- Ensures all compliance and regulatory requirements have been met as required by law, institutional or agency policies.
- Maintains required records.
- Handles non-financial post-award activities such as obtaining final statements/reports from faculty and forwarding them to the appropriate agency, and assisting in transfer of awards for relocating researchers.
- Assists in organizing and conducting educational seminars/workshops for faculty and staff.
Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree in business management, applied science or a related field and 2 years of related experience. Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Ability to work flexible hours.
A cover letter is strongly preferred.