Reporting to the Research Administration Services (RAS) Director, leads and supervises all staff performing pre-award activities for the sponsored projects research portfolio for their assigned department, division or school.
- Monitors workload distribution and redistributes tasks, as appropriate.
- Provides guidance to team members, as appropriate.
- Mentors staff for professional development.
- May perform post-award activities in support of the RAS unit.
- Understands and applies federal and university rules to management of effort allocation for individuals compensated whole or in part from federal awards.
- Applies costing rules and regulations to federally funded projects.
- Analyzes information and formulates conclusions.
- Ensures strong levels of customer service to faculty and departments being served.
- Addresses issues that violate performance levels or terms of the RAS performance level agreements, both with internal RAS staff and with departments and/or faculty.
- Performs pre-award activities to include developing a budget, compiling proposal contents, entering proposal into EPEX, assisting PIs in submission of JIT forms, preparing CAS exceptions for approval, interacting with OSP and assisting in the preparation of sub-award documents and relationships with other partners on a project.
- Prepares high-quality written reports.
- Works with Post-Award team lead to coordinate inter-team meetings to facilitate collaboration between the pre-award and post-award teams.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree and five years work-related grants and contracts experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Supervisory experience preferred. Knowledge of federal rules and regulations relating to research grant and/or contract activity, with specific deep understanding of the award proposal processes for multiple sponsoring bodies. Proficiency with MS Office Suite software.