- Responsible for the financial planning and business operations of the assigned Section, to include budget management and accounting.
- Develops, administers and monitors budgets, accounts, policies and procedures relating to operational activities.
- Responsible for the development and analysis of financial information that is utilized to help establish the Section business objectives and departmental direction.
- Responsible for the annual operating and capital budget processes, management reporting and support of related financial systems, and coordination of financial analysis projects among the staff within the Section.
- Ensures that awarded grants conform to defined budget parameters.
- Projects budget needs to accommodate future grant funding increases, changes and awards.
- Ensures the preparation of operational and statistical reports for management and regulatory agencies.
- Works with section leadership to plan and develop section budget.
- Forecasts future budget requirements and trends.
- Administers and monitors capital equipment, operations, and personnel budgets; reviews prior budget expenses, investigating variances, and takes corrective action as necessary.
- Makes budget recommendations to section leaders.
- Works closely with clinic Finance department.
- Uses organizational financial accounting systems (FAS) and resource documents to balance accounts, to research and analyze causes of account deficits and to resolve problems.
- Prepares journal entries for accruals, prepares fiscal year audit schedules, clears accounts, and depreciates assets to produce financial reports.
- Negotiates new and renewal service contracts; reviews provisions and resolves any questions with the vendors to ensure that service contracts meet the organization's requirements.
- May ensure that awarded grants conform to defined budget parameters and projects budget needs to accommodate future grant funding increases, changes, and awards.
- Responsible for managing, evaluating and improving the financial and operational procedures for assigned clinic section.
- Provides oversight and management for the financial analysis activities of the section and oversees data collection.
- Participates in developing Section goals and objectives.
- Administers policies, procedures, and related forms in accordance with state, federal, and organizational guidelines; reviews, revises, and communicates them to ensure compliance.
- Supervises staff and manages employee performance.
- Provides on-going performance feedback, addresses problems, orients and trains employees, verifies competency and identifies and suggests ways to develop skills.
- Monitors and directs workflow.
- Researches, assists in effectively resolving issues, and provides input into decisions related to employment, employee relations, benefits, and compensation.
- Projects staffing needs, assists in the interviewing and hiring of employees to fill vacant positions; recommends candidates for selected positions.
- May be responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating a variety of activities or special projects that will improve the financial and business operations of the section.
- This could include facility planning, staff reorganizations, and the provision of new services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works with manager to formulate plan for professional development.
- Attends educational in-services as appropriate.
- Participates in professional activities and organizations to maintain knowledge of current trends, practices, and developments.
- Responsible for the development and analysis of financial information for the clinic section.
- Maintains accurate and up to date accounting and statistical records for financial programs including analysis; submits reports, and advises management.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes data to generate and provide accurate and complete reports for management and/or regulatory agencies.
- Develops data collection methods and implements improvements to existing data collection activities.
- Provides support for financial systems and utilizes them to provide financial and operational reports.
- Interprets applicable regulations and establishes filing and auditing procedures to ensure records and files are accurate and in compliance.
- Coordinates the preparation and processing of employee information, employment requisitions, and other required paperwork for the department.
- Advises and trains managers, supervisors, and staff in the effective administration of policies and procedures as it pertains to the financial management of the section.
- Conducts training sessions to ensure consistent business operations practices and data collection.
- Understands annual budget process so may act as a resource to section leadership and ensure section requirements are met.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, healthcare administration or related field required.
- 3-5 years professional business or management experience required, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Minimum requirement of 2 years supervisory/manager experience.
- Master's degree and fellowship can substitute for experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: 1-10 lbs 0-33% of the work day (occasionally), negligible 34-66% of the workday (frequently), negligible 67-100% of the workday (constantly). Lifting 10 lbs max, carrying of small articles such as dockets, ledgers, files, small tools, occasional standing & walking, frequent sitting, close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure, Bio-hazardous waste. chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors, communicable diseases, electrical shock, floor surfaces, hot/cold temperatures, indoor/outdoor conditions, latex, lighting patient care/handling injuries, radiation, shift work, travel may be required, use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed