- The Clinical Ethicist will serve as a key team member for Emory Healthcare supporting Ethics across the Emory Healthcare system.
- The Ethicist will join in a vital, expanding Ethics program that is respected interdisciplinarily and invites creative collaboration.
- In addition to involvement in an active Ethics consult service serving hospitals throughout the system, the Clinical Ethicist will provide multidisciplinary Ethics education, and will work with hospital-based ethics committees throughout Emory Healthcare.
- This colleague will contribute to development of the system-wide Ethics program and Ethics-related organizational policies, procedures, practice guidelines and ethics scholarship.
- The Clinical Ethicist will also have the opportunity to participate in the vibrant academic environment of Emory University including collaborative opportunities with the Emory University Center for Ethics and other Ethics programs.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in clinical practice settings (which may include a clinical ethics fellowship program), providing thoughtful and high-quality healthcare ethics case consultation, either as an individual ethics consultant, ethics consultation team member or through an active ethics committee.
- Clear commitment to respect for diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated commitment to collaboration, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and skills in clinical ethics, ethics case consultation methodologies, and consultation documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication capabilities.
- Ability and a commitment to work sensitively and professionally with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals across multiple disciplines.
- Commitment to teaching and facilitation, both with individuals and groups in formal and informal presentation settings.
- Masters degree or doctoral degree in Ethics or Ethics-related field with expertise or focus in healthcare ethics, clinical ethics or bioethics.
- Certification in healthcare ethics consultation (HEC-C) preferred.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed